Research shows cacao contains an abundance of antioxidants called Polyphenols that can raise levels of regenerative stem cells in the blood stream, helping to improve circulation and prevent cellular damage. From a TCM perspective, Cacao warms Kidney Yang, moves blood, and helps to boost Qi.
Oats are among the healthiest grains on earth. They are an incredibly nutritious food packed with important vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants. Yet among the many nutrients found in oats, one of the most important is iron — a nutrient necessary for maintaining a strong immune function.
Here is one of our favourite gluten-free oatmeal recipes – perfect on a cold winter morning or anytime you’re looking to satiate that good ol’ chocolate craving.
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- ½ -1 cup hot water or plant based milk
- 1 banana
- 2 tbsp raw, cold-pressed cacao powder
- cacao nibs
- 1-2 tsp chia seeds
- cinnamon to taste
- Heat the oats and water/milk in a pot on high heat.
- Bring it up to a boil, then turn the heat to low. Simmer until it’s thick and creamy.
- When the oats are cooked to your liking, stir in the cacao powder, banana & cinnamon.
- Pour in a bowl and garnish with additional banana slices, cacao nibs, and chia seeds.